Beginning to Piece it all Together

 Today I began to put my film together by editing. Today, I focused on making sure what editing software I will be using and to get comfortable with using it. I have used a couple different editing softwares in the past and I wanted to choose which one I am going to use for this film. My top two choices was iMovie from Apple or Premier Pro from Adobe. I have used both of these platforms before multiple times and have found they are both good at different aspects. So, I took a 20 second clip of my film and put it into each of the platforms to see how each works again to get me failiarized with each platform. I took the 20 second clip, shortened it, added some audio, and put some titles in it. As I continued to do this, I was becoming more familiarized with both platforms and eahc showed off their strong suites. I decided the best choice was to play into the strong suites of each of the platforms that I had available to me. I found iMovie was better for inserting audio and inserting titiles so when doing that I will use that platform to make those edits. When changing the length of clips and stitching clips together I found Premier Pro to be better than iMovie. So, I decided to use each platform to make the best product possible. After finding all of this out I began to edit and stitch all of the clips together. During this time I used Premier Pro to stitch clips together in the proper order that they are needed. After that I went to watch what it looked like to see where I needed to make edits. I took a paper and wrote down timestamps of what needs to be done to improve the film. This involved making clips shorter, adding titles and audio, and more. So, I went and made the changes that were better with Premier Pro and after that I watched it agqin and then made more notes on what could be done. So, as I found more things that needed to be changed I felt it was also good to write down what changes should be done with iMovie and which ones should be done with Premier Pro. So, in the end I feel this was a productive day of editing and I am excited to continue editing another day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning On to the Final Stretch

Title Design Research: Ecanto