Turning On to the Final Stretch

 Today, I made the suggestions that were suggested by the multiple people that I had peer reviewed my film. I started by speaking on the phone with each person for about twenty to thirty minutes. Even though I had timestamps and issues they found, I thought it was good to have them go through it with me to find new issues again and see if their issues were resolved in real-time. So, I did a video call using my laptop and screen shared my screen so they were able to see all of the changes I was making in real-time. So, I showed them the title changes I made when I continued to edit a few days ago. They commented that it was better but still said that it could be improved with some changes. They said that the title did not match the length of the scene even though I spent some time trying to get it right. So, we reviewed it at 0.25x speed and noticed the difference. I saw at that point just how big the difference was. I knew it would be worse seeing it at a slower pace but I did not think it would be as bad as it was  We finally got that dialed in perfectly and could move on to the next issues that were found. I am glad we finally got that done so we could move on. Then, we moved on about another twenty seconds into the film to where another issue was noted. This issue was with the transition of scenes. The issue here was with the transition not flowing but it just cut from one to another harshly and did not give the reader a sequence to follow.  This was a simple issue to finish compared to the title issue because it was just a transition and not having to go and slow it down just to see what is wrong. After a short time, it was a simple process and that issue was complete. This person did not see any more problems and did not think the one other she commented about before was an issue. I then went on to contact the other person I had to review my work. They were not available to speak with me for some time about my film. I decided to send them the newly updated version of the film and they got back to me a couple hours later saying the issues he had were finished and it looked great. I was glad to hear this and cannot wait to see what is going to happen next. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Design Research: Ecanto