Wrap Up and Show Off


Today, I finished editing the film and showed it off to send it to my mom's business partner's daughter to critique my film. Today I had to do the majority of my editing. I had to finish the titles and the transitions between scenes. This I found to be more difficult than I thought for the titles because I did not want them to continue past a specific transition and iMovie that I was using was not saving the work when I pressed save for the time of the titles. After some time I had to lose the work that I did so far and had to repeat it once I opened it back up and did those again. This took a lot of my time wasted as the time it takes to insert a title is one of the more complicated tasks. Once I got the film back to where it was before, I then proceeded to go and do the transitions between the scenes which were way easier than expected. The transitions between the slides had many different types. There were jump cuts, morphing transitions, and a few others. Overall, at this point in my editing experience, I am a bit frustrated as I did have to redo some of the things I needed to edit but I am calming down and getting ready to finish. So, I finished all of the transitions and completed the editing of my film. Editing overall was a smooth process with just a couple of issues that were able to be fixed. After editing was complete, I immediately sent my film over to my mom's business partner's daughter because I did not want to have someone that I am very close with because they could be biased. She had a lot of good things to say and a lot of things that she wanted to see changed. She found the transitions good because they made the flow of the film good. She also found the filming techniques good as they were able to make the editing match it. She found a mistake with the audio where the audio the music was supposed to go over was not cut out correctly. She also found the titles could be placed a bit lower on the film so that it does not be too much of a distraction to the film. Overall, she found the film to be very good but had some critiques of it because nothing is perfect. I am glad I finished my film and got to get someone's feedback on it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning On to the Final Stretch

Title Design Research: Ecanto